Century Excalibur TT
The Excalibur TT is a significant step forward in rod dynamics and incorporates exclusive technology – both in the tip and butt section. Century’s well established autoclave technology and AT-T (anti twist technology) is complimented by a new resin technology primarily in the tip section. The outcome and benefit is a significant reduction in the tip weight, greater toughness and a very fast tip recovery to neutral after the casting cycle. We have perfected this new approach in consultation with Danny Moeskops – a leading caster and angler. The Excalibur TT has been used by Danny to win numerous casting tournaments and he uses the same fundamental design in his tournament rods with some cosmetic differences – as the model available to all anglers. The TT was used by Alessio Massa and Danny to take 1st and 2nd place respectively in World Casting Championships, Greece 2012.
A key factor in rod design needs to address the issue of the mass in the tip. If this can be reduced but still retain integrity and sensitivity – the benefits to an angler are very obvious. Reduce the weight of the tip by 25% over comparable rods and you are effectively casting up to 2 to 3 ounces less or conversely able to cast a heavier weight when tactically required, with less physical effort. The rod’s moment of inertia is reduced. For longer range casting it is important to store and release maximum energy and ultimately this has to come from lower down in the rod. If this area can be accessed efficiently by an angler then distance will follow, given a good casting technique and the design of the Excalibur TT will deliver this benefit admirably.
The Excalibur TT is designed primarily for hard to mixed ground fishing where you are likely to encounter strong tidal streams or dense weed and kelp. Think rough seas off North East coast, deep Norwegian Fjords, rugged Welsh coastlines and Excalibur TT is the tool to combat these challenging conditions.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- HPR advanced composite tip
- Blank colour: 1K-1Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: American Tackle Titanium K Guides
- Tied in Deep Blue metallic and Royal Blue
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape between top two guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Pair of Coasters supplied to secure multiplier reel
- Century partition rod case
- Length – 14′ 10″. Casting Ratio – 100-225g. RRP – £685