Penn Fathom 15SD CS
Expected Delivery early December 2019.
- Magnetic braked casting special
- High speed all round beach reel
- Full metal one piece open cage & Full metal side plates
- Fast gear access side plate
- 'Knobby’ magnetic braking system
- Live Spindle and free floating spool
- Machine cut marine-grade bronze alloy main gear
- Hardened stainless steel pinion gear
- Versa-Drag™ system with HT-100™ washers
- 6 Shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant anti-reverse bearing
- 6.1:1 retrieve.
- Capacity (mono) 430m x 0.35mm
- Weight 17.5oz
- Maximum Drag 13.6kg
Penn Fathom II Star Drag Casting Special is a high performance reel for the shore angler who is looking for a reel to cast the maximum distance whilst still having the power to handle big fish and tough conditions. With a distinctive 'Blackout' finish it's looks sleek, strong and mean.
The reel is based on the Fathom's proven Full Metal construction with tough 6.1:1 precision cut gearing and Penn's powerful HT100 star drag system to give you the guts and power needed to pull fish and tackle back to shore.
The addition of a factory fitted 'knobby' magnetic braking system gives total cast control allowing you to obtain the perfect setting to match bait and conditions. The live spindle free floating spool houses a pair of high performance spool bearings to help tune the reel to perfection. Just set the end float to give a hint of play, dial in the magnetic braking you need and the result is long trouble free casting no matter what the weather throws at you.
The compact frame and forward slanted gearbox keep the reel seated low on the rod allowing you to get a good grip on the spool when casting. When it comes to retrieving your catch the large power handle and easy to adjust star drag make short work of landing even large specimens.